Job Position: Application Engineer, Alexa Excellence
Qualification: Any Graduate
Industry Type: IT-Software, Software Services
Functional Area: Operations, IT- Device Software
Employment Type: Fulltime, Permanent
Role Category: IT- Operations , Device Software
Job Location: Chennai
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal.
- Knowledge of Linux and networking fundamentals.
- Development/scripting skills in at least one interpreted language (e.g. Perl/Python/Ruby) as well as shell.
- A degree in Computer Science or at least 4 years relevant experience in a online technical operations environment.
- Experience with troubleshooting and documenting findings.
- Experience driving collaborative projects from conception to delivery.
- Experience in Agile/Scrum or related collaborative workflow.
- Experience dealing effectively with customers during problem resolution and operating efficiently under pressure.
- Effective prioritization and time management.
- Knowledge of best current practice frameworks (ITIL, COBIT), particularly incident, problem and change management.
- Understanding of routing protocols to help facilitate troubleshooting and remediation of networking issues.
- Working knowledge of a compiled language.
- Be a technology evangelist and use your deep knowledge to solve business problems.
- Reduce mean time to resolution for all incident types.
- Design and/or build world class listening systems.
- Adapt and improve operations management systems and processes to accommodate rapid and increasing growth.
- Participate in Agile sprints to evolve business processes and technologies.
- Create and review documentation, design new standard operating procedures.
- Identify and troubleshoot recurring platform issues and engage service owners to drive resolution.
- Automate tasks through creation and maintenance of scripts and tools.
- Respond to and complete customer requests within SLA via a trouble ticketing system.
- Take part in a “follow the sun” rotation split between Seattle and Chennai sites, including weekends and holidays.
- Mentor peers in your areas of technical and operational strength.
- Participate in the interviewing process.
Interested and eligible candidates apply below. Apply before the link expires.